Yoga Illumined 2015-2016 Schedule
Sumukhi Devi, founder of Yoga Illumined, is leading a 200-Hour Teacher training at the Yoga Society of San Francisco / Brahmananda Ashram – www.yssf.yoga in 2018
200-Hour Brahmananda Ashram / Yoga Society of San Francisco Yoga Teacher Training: For those who wish share and embody the bliss of Yoga.
Sumukhi Kristina Lanuza and Mahendra Briksha Agarwal – along with Brahmananda Ashram Teaching Staff guide you into a deeper understanding of Yoga and its practices for enlightening and freeing the mind and the heart.
Fulfill your life’s purpose at Brahmananda Ashram / Yoga Society of San Francisco. Live with ease, love and joy in the world. Activate your highest potential and share your love of Yoga with all as a Yoga Teacher.
Join us for 7 (seven) weekend-long intensives to learn to teach the 8-limbs (Ashtanga) as handed to us through our Guru – Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Ramamurti S. Mishra, M.D. and our lineage of enlightened Yoga Masters from Patanjali, Adi Shankaracharya to the Rishis who gave us the Vedas.
Expect to be steeped in the ancient and timeless practices in the modern world as our ashram is in the Mission district of San Francisco. Step into a portal of peace at Brahmananda Ashram – where you are reminded of your true Nature as Ānanda: bliss.
- Learn how to lead and practice Vedic Fire Ceremony / Agni Hotra and the mystical and practical meanings of all the mantras
- We teach you how to relax under the pressures of everyday life and how to help others do the same
- Learn Yoga directly from Sanskrit texts and translate these teachings in your words so that you may better communicate with your students
- Step into a Journey of I-AM: the ultimate aim of yoga is to ensure that you become who you truly are: a center of moksha, a liberated being
- We provide you proven and powerful templates of Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga sequences that you can use to teach classes suitable for beginners to more athletic practitioners
- You will establish a daily sadhana: a spiritual practice of Yoga that will guide your choices to ensure that you are driven by your Soul and not by the pressures of daily living
- Registered with Yoga Alliance as a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program
Fridays (6 pm – 9 pm), Saturdays (8 am – 8 pm), Sundays (8 am – 6 pm)
- Jan 19– Jan 21, 2018
- Feb 16 – 18, 2018
- March 16 – 18, 2018
- April 13 – 15, 2018
- May 11 – 13, 2018
- June 15 – 17, 2018
- July 28 – 29, 2018
We have several Tuition Options:
– $1500.00 if paid by Sept, 17th, 2017 (Guruji Mahasamadhi offering)
– $2000.00 if paid by Dec 1st, 2017
– $2500, if paid by Jan, 5th, After Jan 5th, Pay $2800
– Payment Plan – 8 monthly payments of $400 a month, automatically debited from your account – $3200
You are also invited to stay at the Ashram for the duration of the trainings. Living and practicing in the ashram setting is one of the most profound ways to merge the spiritual practices of yoga into your daily life. Investment: 1 month –$1000.00 for single room, $900 for shared room or dorm (Single room not always available or guaranteed). Ashram residents are expected to share the responsibilities of keeping the ashram clean, quiet, peaceful and to serve guests and one another with love and compassion.
Opportunities for work exchange and scholarships available. Please contact us @ 415.285.5537 or fill out this form to learn more.
Brahmananda Ashram / Yoga Society of San Francisco YTT is a registered 200-Hour Teacher Training Program with Yoga Alliance. For more information on the Program, visit www.yssf.yoga
GuideBooks will be provided upon the start of Teacher Training. Required texts (also not included in course fees): The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated by Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati (Ramamurti S. Mishra, M.D.), Fundamentals of Yoga by Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar,
Texts not required but recommended include:
- The Textbook of Yoga Psychology by Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Ramamurti S. Mishra, M.D.
- Pulsations of Godhood byShri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Ramamurti S. Mishra, M.D.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org