Fulfill your life’s purpose at Brahmananda Ashram / Yoga Society of San Francisco. Live with ease, love and joy in the world. Activate your highest potential and share your love of Yoga with all as a Yoga Teacher.
Join us for 7 (seven) weekend-long intensives to learn to teach the 8-limbs (Ashtanga) as handed to us through our Guru – Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Ramamurti S. Mishra, M.D. and our lineage of enlightened Yoga Masters from Patanjali, Adi Shankaracharya to the Rishis who gave us the Vedas.
Expect to be steeped in the ancient and timeless practices in the modern world as our ashram is in the Mission district of San Francisco. Step into a portal of peace at Brahmananda Ashram – where you are reminded of your true Nature as Ānanda: bliss.
- We teach you how to relax under the pressures of everyday life and how to help others do the same
- Learn Yoga directly from Sanskrit texts and translate these teachings in your words so that you may better communicate with your students
- Step into a Journey of I-AM: the ultimate aim of yoga is to ensure that you become who you truly are: a center of moksha, a liberated being
- We provide you proven and powerful templates of Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga sequences that you can use to teach classes suitable for beginners to more athletic practitioners
- You will establish a daily sadhana: a spiritual practice of Yoga that will guide your choices to ensure that you are driven by your Soul and not by the pressures of daily living
- Learn how to lead and practice Vedic Fire Ceremony / Agni Hotra and the mystical and practical meanings of all the mantras
- Registered with Yoga Alliance as a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program
Fridays (6 pm – 9 pm), Saturdays (8 am – 8 pm), Sundays (8 am – 6 pm)
- Jan 19– Jan 21, 2018
- Feb 16 – 18, 2018
- March 16 – 18, 2018
- April 13 – 15, 2018
- May 11 – 13, 2018
- June 15 – 17, 2018
- July 28 – 29, 2018
We have several Tuition Options:
– $1500.00 if paid by Sept, 17th, 2017 (Guruji Mahasamadhi offering)
– $2000.00 if paid by Dec 1st, 2017
– $2500, if paid by Jan, 5th, After Jan 5th, Pay $2800
– Payment Plan – 8 monthly payments of $400 a month, automatically debited from your account – $3200
You are also invited to stay at the Ashram for the duration of the trainings. Living and practicing in the ashram setting is one of the most profound ways to merge the spiritual practices of yoga into your daily life. Investment: 1 month –$1000.00 for single room, $900 for shared room or dorm (Single room not always available or guaranteed). Ashram residents are expected to share the responsibilities of keeping the ashram clean, quiet, peaceful and to serve guests and one another with love and compassion.
Opportunities for work exchange and scholarships available. Please contact us @ 415.285.5537 to learn more.
To apply – please fill out the following form: https://yssf.yoga/ytt/